Looking for a delicious and decadent treat to satisfy your sweet tooth? Look no further than this chocolate pecan turtle biscotti recipe! This delicious recipe combines the rich flavors of chocolate and pecans with the classic crunch of biscotti to create a dessert that pairs perfectly with your favorite cold-weather beverage. Whether you’re looking for a tasty snack to enjoy with your morning coffee or a show-stopping dessert to share with friends and family, this recipe is the perfect choice.Jump to Recipe
CHOCOLATE PECAN TURTLE BISCOTTI
WHAT IS NEEDED TO MAKE TURTLE BISCOTTI?
The basic dough for this crunchy cookie uses typical pantry staples. You can then add traditional turtle flavor to the dough with creamy caramel bits and chopped pecans, and finish the biscotti with a chocolate drizzle. This indulgent combination makes the finished biscotti irresistible!
These are all affiliate links, if you purchase (of anything from the site, not just these items) after clicking through, I will earn a small commission. Ads and affiliate links are how I can keep this website running and offer you free tutorials all year. Thank you so much for supporting me and Mad in Crafts!
- all-purpose flour
- unsalted butter
- caramel baking bits
- crushed pecans
- vanilla extract
- baking powder
- powdered sugar
- heavy cream
- cocoa powder
- mixing bowl
- baking tray
- parchment paper
TIPS FOR CRISP BISCOTTI
Biscotti is meant to be dunked in a hot beverage to soften the cookie, so they have to be pretty hard to begin with. Biscotti really needs to be baked in a specific way in order to reach this correct consistency.
Here are some tips to make sure your biscotti turns out well:
- Grate fridge cold butter into the dough for the best consistency.
- To shape the biscotti into a one-inch thick log without getting sticky hands, use parchment paper to shape and form the dough, then slowly peel it away.
- Carefully follow the instructions for baking and resting time listed in the recipe.
- Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
CHOCOLATE PECAN TURTLE BISCOTTI RECIPE
The lightly flavored biscotti dough is accented with caramel, pecans, and chocolate in every bite. The dry, crunchy texture of these cookies makes them especially tasty with coffee or tea.
CHOCOLATE PECAN TURTLE BISCOTTIPrint Pin
- mixing bowl
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- ½ cup caramel baking bits
- ½ cup crushed pecans
- 2 eggs room temperature
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- With a cheese grater, grate a stick of butter into a mixing bowl.
- Cream together the sugar, butter, vanilla, and salt.
- Stir in the eggs.
- Sift in flour and baking powder.
- Mix until a dough forms and the ingredients are fully mixed.
- Mix in caramel bits and crushed pecans.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Transfer the dough over to the lined baking sheet and form a log of dough.
- Pat the dough down into shape until it is roughly an inch thick.
- Bake the dough, uncut, for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes take the biscotti out of the oven, but leave the oven temperature at 350 degrees.
- Allow the biscotti to cool for about 15 minutes on the counter, uncovered.
- When the biscotti has cooled, use a serrated edge knife to cut the biscotti into one inch slices.
- Rotate the individual pieces of biscotti so that they lay on one side.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, again, leaving it at 350 degrees.
- Allow the biscotti to cool for about 5 minutes, then flip them to the other side edge.
- Bake for another 8 to 10 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and remove the biscotti from the oven. Allow them to cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes, then transfer over to a wire rack.
- When they are completely cool, you can add a drizzle of chocolate glaze.
- Add powdered sugar, vanilla, and cocoa powder to a mixing bowl.
- Add one tablespoon of cream and blend until smooth.
- Slowly add another tablespoon of heavy cream until you achieve the desired consistency.
CHOCOLATE PECAN TURTLE BISCOTTI VARIATIONS
There are a few ways that you can customize this recipe to your liking:
- Add mini chocolate chips to the dough.
- Replace the caramel bits with other baking chips (peanut butter, butterscotch, etc.)
- Replace the pecans with walnuts.
- Drizzle the biscotti with chocolate ganache in place of the icing drizzle.
Delicious turtle biscotti is best enjoyed with a hot cup of coffee for dunking!