One of my favorite things about carving pumpkins is that when you are done, you get to make roasted pumpkin seeds! I love pumpkin seeds, and making them is so easy. While I love roasting the seeds with just a bit of salt, this year I tried something different. I’m sharing this super simple brown sugar cinnamon pumpkin seeds recipe with you today!
BROWN SUGAR CINNAMON PUMPKIN SEEDS
HOW TO MAKE SWEET PUMPKIN SEEDS
Watch the video to see how easy it is to make this tasty snack. I put out two new videos each week, so be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more fun! Be sure to check out my Delicious Recipes playlist for dozens of fun, simple, and tasty recipes.
TIPS FOR PUMPKIN SEEDS
This recipe combines sweet and salty flavors, which is always a win in my book. I like to eat pumpkin seeds by the handful, but you could also use them to top granola, oatmeal, or even salads!Here are a couple of tips to make sure your pumpkin seeds turn out just how you want them to:
- Make sure that the seeds are completely and evenly coated with the sugar and butter mixture. Large clumps of sugar can prevent the seeds from getting nice and crisp.
- Spread the seeds out on the baking sheet in an even layer so they roast evenly without burning.
- Give the seeds a flip with a spatula midway through the roast time for extra crispiness.
- Keep the seeds stored in a zipper bag or airtight container to keep them fresh.
BROWN SUGAR CINNAMON PUMPKIN SEED RECIPE
Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds rinsed and patted dry
- 3 T. brown sugar
- 2 T. cinnamon
- 3 T. melted butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Rinse pumpkin seeds clean, and pat them dry.
- Stir together brown sugar and cinnamon until fully combined.
- Stir in melted butter until none of the mixture remains dry.
- Stir in pumpkin seeds to coat with the butter mixture.
- Spread seeds onto a foil lined baking pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes or until seeds are crisp.
You might also like these other fall snacks: