Don’t be a hero. Wear the gloves.
Halve all those spicy babies.
Whip up the cream cheese mixture and spread it onto the halved jalapenos. Pop the peppers in the freezer for 1-2 hours. This step is important! If you were to skip it and move directly onto the grilling phase, you would risk all that luscious cheese melting out of the peppers and onto the grill.
By this time, your party guests are probably salivating from the smell of grilled bacon, so get those poppers on a plate! They are certain to be a game day hit!
GRILLED, BACON-WRAPPED JALAPENO POPPERS
one package of bacon
fresh jalapenos (as many peppers as you have strips of bacon)
8 oz. cream cheese
1 T. garlic powder
- Halve the jalapenos and remove seeds and ribs. Arrange the peppers on a cookie sheet.
- Mix together cream cheese and garlic powder. Spread mixture inside of the jalapenos.
- Freeze the peppers for 1-2 hours.
- Cut the slices of bacon in half.
- Wrap each stuffed pepper with half a slice of bacon.
- Thread 3-4 jalapeno poppers onto each wooden skewer.
- Grill for 4-5 minutes per side, or until bacon is cooked.
- Serve and enjoy!
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS GAME DAY EATS? TRY THESE FANTASTIC RECIPES!
Let's be buds.
Subscribe to the Mad in Crafts newsletter and get a FREE copy of my newest ebook, Six Projects You Can Make with Thrifted Plaid Shirts.