I guess my son waking me up at 4:30 this morning wasn’t all bad since I logged on to see that Amy Leavell from Pretty Little Presents had nominated my blog for the Kreativ Blogger Award. Thank you so much, Amy. I have been doing this for such a short time; I am still flattered that anybody even reads this blog.
Okay, rule time:
~thank the person who nominated me for the award
~copy the logo and place it on my blog
~link to the person who nominated me
~list 7 things people may not know about me
~nominate 7 creative bloggers
~post their links
~leave a comment on each
Some of my faves, in no particular order:
1. Matsutake – Wicked cute projects and majorly funny writing
2. How to… do something – Great projects for little ones
3. My Little Gems – Famous for her car cozies, but she proves she is NOT a one-trick pony with her other fantastic ideas
4. Domestically Speaking – Tons of beautiful home decor projects, and she shares my love of using the dollar store for materials
5. Thrifty Living – I love keeping up with her progess as she revamps a beautiful farm home using some fab thrift store finds
6. My Frugal Family – Tips on saving money, frugal crafts, and giveaways to help us remove the excess and live frugally
7. Obsessively Stitching – I suck at sewing, but if I was good at it I would make every project she has on her blog
Things you might not know about me:
1. I am an English geek. I enjoy alphabetizing my DVDs, reading the classics and diagramming sentences. Don’t judge me.
2. I am an ichthyophobe. I am afraid of fish. As in, I will start to cry if I have to get too close to one. No, I have never been traumatized by a fish. Yes, I know it’s irrational. No, I have no plans to “face my fear” ever. Ever.
3. I have lived in 5 states in the past 5 years. I may or may not be a gypsy.
4. My dog is named after a dead comedian, my mom, and a Veggie Tales song. In that order.
5. I don’t like to touch Nature. I like to look at it, but I don’t want it on me. I’m what you might call “indoorsy.”
6. I have small hands and feet. But I don’t smell like cabbage. At least I don’t think so.
7. My name is Jessica, and I am addicted to television. I currently have 11 shows set to record all new episodes, and I keep up with all of them. That number will go up in January when more shows come back.
So, now that you all know how big of a weirdo I am, you can remove yourself from my Followers list. No hard feelings. 😛
Thanks again, Amy, for the nomination. Now, back to the coffee. 4:30 AM does not look good on me.