Summertime trips to the beach or the pool mean lots of special gear: sunscreen, floaties, beach totes. But nothing can ruin a fun day faster than losing your keys in the water. Now you can add one more piece of gear to your beach bag to keep your keys safe near the water. You are six easy steps from sink-proof keys!
To make a Sink-Proof Keychain, you will need:
Some of the following links are affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you choose to make a purchase after clicking through.
1. Begin by threading the floral pin through the keychain finding.
No comments on my choice of wine. You don’t judge my Gallo, I won’t judge your Budweiser.
2. Carefully push the floral pin into one end of the cork.
3. For added security, you can add a bit of strong glue where the floral pin meets the cork. This is optional, but will make the keychain more secure.
4. Place a small adhesive stencil onto the cork.
5. Use the permanent marker to draw in your monogram.
6. Add a key. You’re done!
If you drop your keys into water, the cork floats, keeping your keys safe!
If you need to place more than one key on the keychain, you might need to experiment with using more corks to keep them afloat.
This super simple keychain hack will keep your keys safe and sound this summer!
Did you like this post? Think it’s worth sharing? Please share with your friends using the social media share buttons on the toolbar at the bottom of the page!
Let's be buds.
Subscribe to the Mad in Crafts newsletter and get a FREE copy of my newest ebook, Six Projects You Can Make with Thrifted Plaid Shirts.